Please download copies of all of the following:
Wreck - Code Of Practice
Dive Permit - May 05
Terms and Conditions
and Conditions of Permit
All persons must read and understand the
code of conduct supplied with this permit
prior to undertaking dive activity
• Permit flag (red & white) must be clearly visible
on the vessel at all times while on public moorings in
the West Coast Dive Park.
• Vessels must always have blue and white Alpha flag
visible on the vessel whilst divers are in the
water. Alpha flag must be taken down when all divers return
• Speed limit within the exclusion zone is 8 knots
and a lookout must be in place at all times.
• Vessels must take the safest and most direct route
to the mooring, approaching from open ocean.
• No vessel is to manoeuvre through the buoyed area
(centre of dive wreck), marked with light buoy.
No vessel is to moor off the light buoy. (Navigation Beacon).
• Vessels are only to approach a mooring if one is
free. Maximum boat size is10 metres.
• Vessels must wait in single file on the north side
of the exclusion zone, for their turn on a mooring.
• No vessel is to be either anchored inside the exclusion
zone or located within the exclusion zone by
using a long rope attached to an anchor outside the exclusion
• No vessel is to be tied off a moored vessel within
the exclusion zone.
• At least one person must remain on board as a lookout
at all times whilst divers are in the water.
• Vessels are not to drop divers off within the exclusion
zone and then retreat outside the exclusion
zone. Each vessel must remain moored at all times whilst
divers are in the water within the
• No fishing, spear fishing or the taking of any marine
life is to occur within the exclusion zone.
• A complete manifest of all divers must be kept on
• Vessels are not to drift through the exclusion zone
at any time.
• No vessel is to be moored to the one mooring for
more than 1.5 hours at any one time. If the
mooring is still free, with nobody waiting a vessel can
return to the same mooring.
• At no time are vessels to be tied, clipped, anchored
or in any other way secured to the dive wreck.
• No souvenirs of any kind are to be taken from the
diver wreck under any circumstances.
• NO HOOKAH DIVING IS PERMITTED WITHIN
THE EXCLUSION ZONE.
• Junior Open Water Divers to be accompanied by an
• Maximum depth of 18 mtrs for Open Water Divers (recommended).
Maximum depth of
30 mtrs for Advanced Divers (recommended).
• Should have emergency phone numbers on board. Divers
must be qualified divers.
• Dive equipment must comprise of tank, buoyancy compensator,
regulator & alternate air supply,
computer and visual contents gauge.
• No diving recommended if wind is 20 knots or over.
• No diving recommended if swell is 2.5m or over.
• Decompression diving must be avoided.
• Divers should have 50 bar or more of air on return
• Surface intervals between dives 1 hour minimum.
• A safety stop of 5 mins @ 5 metres for no decompression
dives is recommended.
• Wearing of gloves is recommended.
Penalties up to $2,000
per offence will apply.
NOTE: There may be snagged
ropes or fish hooks.